Detoxification Technician, CMA (Part-Time) - Klamath Falls, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services in Klamath Falls is searching for an energetic, compassionate, help-oriented and team-oriented person interested in a position as a Part-Time Certified Medical Assistant Detoxification Technician!
BestCare Treatment Services is proud to be one of the longest-term providers of alcohol & drug rehabilitation and mental health services in the Central Oregon region. We got our start in November of 1997, thanks to a partnership between Deschutes County, State of Oregon, and St. Charles Medical Center. From a modest, singular drug rehab center, we have grown to offering residential and outpatient services in four cities in addition to the only Spanish-speaking alcohol and drug rehab facility in the state. We have helped thousands of people find the help they need in a caring and collaborative environment and we remain true to our founding mission:
To advocate and provide compassionate care in the treatment and prevention of addiction and mental illness.
As an agency, BestCare has a family feel with a supportive staff of hard-working professionals whose compassion and dedication is unmatched in our industry. They are smart, kind, innovative and strive to offer the best services available under all circumstances. Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to join our team by applying for this exciting position.
Located in beautiful Southern, Central Oregon, and surrounded by scenic beauty, quaint farms, and ranches, Klamath Falls, Oregon, is home to scenic mountain lakes, hiking and biking trails, golf courses, and other delightful treasures. The community is tight-knit and is known for its livability, affordability, community spirit as well as its rich mix of cultures. The surrounding landscape offers gorgeous snow-capped mountain views, fresh, clean rivers and lakes, and breezy high desert plains. Klamath Falls is in close proximity to a myriad of destination locations for fun and relaxation including Klamath Lake, world famous Crater Lake National Park, and Lava Beds National Monument just to name a few.
For a video tour of Klamath Falls, take a look at this video:
If this sounds enticing, don’t wait! Apply today and join the family!
Primary duties include working with clients and staff at our Residential and Detox programs to provide detoxification assistance and services. Advocates for excellent patient care within BestCare Treatment Services Outpatient facility.
Title: Detoxification Technician, CMA
Program: Klamath Falls Residential and Detox Program
Program Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon
Supervisor: Detox Program Supervisor
Employment Status: Part-Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Employees Supervised: None
Education: Certified Medical Assistant
- Works closely with other staff as a member of a treatment team.
- Maintains high visibility at all times.
- Responsible for all aspects of the detox service area, including noise level, traffic level, cleanliness and neatness of sleeping areas, common areas and office, safety and other conditions that support client care.
- Take and record vital signs of clients at the appropriate designated intervals.
- Monitors detoxification symptoms and performs CIWA (Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment) scoring.
- Provides and documents medications under the direction of the Medical Director and RNs.
- Completes intakes per detoxification program guidelines.
- Provides motivational counseling and case management services, working collaboratively with treatment team members and other agencies, and documents services in the client’s file.
- Makes timely client interventions when necessary including: arguments, relations, inappropriate or immature behavior, and any insensitive or disrespectful behavior.
- Works with treatment team to maintain a healthy treatment milieu.
- Maintains documentation in EMR (Electronic Medical Record) system and client files.
- Answers phones and responsible for complete, accurate filing.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor or Director.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) required
- Current First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- For individuals recovering from the disease of alcoholism and/or from other drug addiction, have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire
- Possesses the training, knowledge, and/or experience demonstrating competence in the treatment of the disease addiction, including the management of withdrawal and client evaluation
- Skilled at motivational counseling techniques
- Experience taking and recording vital signs
- The ability to work independently and the skills to be a successful team player
- Must get along well with coworkers
- Possesses the ability to network with all resources in order to provide the best customer service possible
- Proven excellent customer service skills with clients and/or family members seeking help from BCTS
- Compassion towards individuals with mental illness and substance abuse disorders
Tools and Equipment Used:
Laptop computer, fax machine, scanner, copy machine, telephone, projector, word, excel, outlook and website maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Central Oregon and prescribed by the Medical Director.
To Apply: Please fill out the application here, and submit along with a cover letter, resume with personal email address for correspondence, any applicable licenses, certifications or degrees with transcripts, and contact information for three supervisory/professional references to email@example.com
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577