Detox Tech, LPN - Klamath Falls, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services in Klamath Falls is recruiting for a PART-TIME LPN, Detoxification Technician.
Primary duties include working as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide medical detoxification and stabilization services for detox and residential clients. Advocates for excellent patient care within BestCare Treatment Services Outpatient facility. In addition to experience in healthcare and a current LPN license, applicants must have strong client engagement skills, be highly collaborative and be compassionate toward individuals with mental illness and substance abuse disorders.
BestCare Treatment Services is proud to be one of the longest-term providers of alcohol & drug rehabilitation and mental health services in the Central Oregon region. We got our start in November of 1997, thanks to a partnership between Deschutes County, State of Oregon, and St. Charles Medical Center. From a modest, singular drug rehab center, we have grown to offering residential and outpatient services in four cities in addition to the only Spanish-speaking alcohol and drug rehab facility in the state. We have helped thousands of people find the help they need in a caring and collaborative environment and we remain true to our founding mission:
To advocate and provide compassionate care in the treatment and prevention of addiction and mental illness.
As an agency, BestCare has a family feel with a supportive staff of hard-working professionals whose compassion and dedication is unmatched in our industry. They are smart, kind, innovative and strive to offer the best services available under all circumstances. Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to join our team by applying for this exciting position.
Located in beautiful Southern, Central Oregon, and surrounded by scenic beauty, quaint farms, and ranches, Klamath Falls, Oregon, is home to scenic mountain lakes, hiking and biking trails, golf courses, and other delightful treasures. The community is tight-knit and is known for its livability, affordability, community spirit as well as its rich mix of cultures. The surrounding landscape offers gorgeous snow-capped mountain views, fresh, clean rivers and lakes, and breezy high desert plains. Klamath Falls is in close proximity to a myriad of destination locations for fun and relaxation including Klamath Lake, world famous Crater Lake National Park, and Lava Beds National Monument just to name a few.
For a video tour of Klamath Falls, take a look at this video:
If this sounds enticing, don’t wait! Apply today and join the family!
- Reports to: Detox Program Supervisor
- Employees Supervised: None
Education / Licensure: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Work closely with other staff as a member of a treatment team.
- Taking vital signs, such as blood pressure, temperature and CWAA scores
- Have the ability to communicate well with both patients and other medical staff.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and support patients, family and friends.
- Giving injections of medications; immunizations as prescribed by supervisor
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patients, family and friends to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions about drug and alcohol addiction.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following detox and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by the state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and OAR’s for detox programs.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Ensures a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and procedures, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Giving medications as prescribed by the medical director
- And any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must possess a current Licensed Practical Nursing certification (LPN)
- Current First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- For individuals recovering from the disease of alcoholism and/or from other drug addiction, have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire
- Possesses the training, knowledge, and/or experience demonstrating competence in the treatment of the disease addiction, including the management of withdrawal and client evaluation
- Skilled at motivational counseling techniques
- Experience taking and recording vital signs
- The ability to work independently and the skills to be a successful team player
- Must get along well with coworkers
- Possesses the ability to network with all resources in order to provide the best customer service possible
- Proven excellent customer service skills with clients and/or family members seeking help from BCTS
- Compassion towards individuals with mental illness and substance abuse disorders
Tool and Equipment Used:
All Detox staff must be proficient in the use of computers, sufficient to use the EMR software program and produce routine End of Shift reports; to do intake and client documentation. Additionally, must be able to use the following: blood pressure machines (digital and manual), glucometers, fax machine, copy machine and telephone.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Central Oregon.
To Apply: Please fill out the application here, and submit along with a cover letter, resume with personal email address for correspondence, any applicable licenses, certifications or degrees with transcripts, and contact information for three supervisory/professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577