HR Generalist - Redmond, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services in Redmond, Oregon is recruiting for a Human Resources Generalist!
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for numerous human resource responsibilities including, but not limited to, administrative functions, recruiting and hiring, benefits, workers’ compensation, safety, orientation, employee appreciation, engagement, and retention. Provides support for the Human Resources Manager.
The position requires a minimum of 3+ years of experience in the field, preferably including employee relations, strategic planning, recruiting & hiring, on-boarding, and/or benefits administration. PHR/SHRM-CP certification is preferred. HRIS system experience required and implementation experience preferred.
This is a Full Time regular position that includes FOUR WEEKS of paid time off, NINE recognized holidays, and a retirement account. Professional salary commensurate with education and work experience and excellent benefits package.
General Duties: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for numerous human resource responsibilities including, but not limited to, administrative functions, recruiting and hiring, benefits, worker’s compensation, safety, orientation, employee appreciation, engagement and retention. Provides support for the Human Resources Manager.
- Reports to: Director of Human Resources
- Employees Supervised: None
- 4 year degree or an associate’s degree in human resources with 3+ years in the field required.
- Minimum of PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Minimum two years administrative experience required; Human Resources experience preferred in the areas of employee relations, strategic planning, recruiting & hiring, on-boarding, payroll and/or benefits administration.
- Advanced computer experience in word processing, spreadsheets, Internet, desktop publishing, and database management required.
- Experience in an HRIS system required; implementation experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete tasks required.
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated experience in verbal and written communication in a professional setting as well as demonstrated experience working with a diverse population of employees.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Must be able to promote a positive influence within the company.
- Must be a team player, possessing outstanding interpersonal relationship building, and employee coaching skills.
- Ability to work within framework of standard policies and procedures.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Able and willing to travel between job sites over three counties in personal vehicle required (reimbursement for mileage provided).
- Responds to applicant inquiries and incoming calls.
- Assists with reviewing and updating job descriptions once a position is vacant to prepare for online posting.
- Responsible for posting open positions on various websites including BCTS’
- Responsible for sending email notification to interested individuals when a position is posted.
- Assists with employment verification requirements, reference checks from previous employers and other application reviews to determine an applicants’ employment eligibility.
- Coordinates interview schedule; assists with interview upon request.
- Responsible for sending a contingent offer letter and background check authorization documents once verbal offer has been made to candidate by Manager.
- Follows up with all non-hired applicants for each position.
- Creates and maintains complete and confidential files for each employee.
- Responsible for New Hire Orientation for newly hired employees to include personnel policies, benefits, and other required documents.
- Responsible for Relias Learning site administration to include: on-boarding/off-boarding of employees, creating curriculum per Manager’s requests; provide completion reporting at the request of BCTS’ Quality Manager; provide support, training and assistance to current and new employees.
- Processes insurance benefits for eligible employees via HRIS system; problem-solves employee benefits questions as needed.
- Responsible for company-wide safety program to include quarterly meetings and on-going trainings.
- Conduct annual employee survey to gain valuable feedback on employee perceptions and satisfaction.
- Responsible for annual Equal Employment Opportunity reporting via the EEO-1 report.
- Coordinates with Payroll Administrator to remain compliance on the Affordable Care Act, to include reviewing hours of service and extending coverage to employees with 30+ hours of work.
- Assists with annual performance review process.
- Review and update BCTS Employee Handbook when necessary based on changing federal, state and local laws and BCTS internal policy changes.
- Coach Managers/Supervisors on disciplinary actions including completion of written warning and documentation.
- Record and maintain data for each employee, including, but not limited to: address changes, absences, supervisory reports on performance, change of employment statuses, complete Personnel Action Forms, and dates of and reasons for terminations. Responsible for maintaining an accurate HRIS system with these employment actions in a timely manner.
- Answers questions from Managers/Supervisors and employees regarding pertinent information.
- Creates and provides ongoing Manager/Supervisor trainings as needed.
- Assists with Human Resources Manager with personnel related projects as assigned.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Must have competency in using a computer for word-processing, data base and internet usage. Must be able to operate usual office equipment such as fax, telephone, and photocopy machine. Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Central Oregon.
To Apply: Please fill out the application here, and submit along with a cover letter, resume with personal email address for correspondence, any applicable licenses, certifications or degrees with transcripts, and contact information for three supervisory/professional references to email@example.com
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577