Medical Assistant - Mental Health Respite Services - Redmond, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services is looking for a seasoned, experienced Full-Time Medical Assistant to join our team at our Brooks Respite and Recovery Center in Redmond, Oregon!
This is a Full-Time regular position that includes health and dental benefits, FOUR WEEKS of paid time off, NINE recognized holidays, and eligible to participate in a retirement account upon hire. It is currently designated to work the swing shift (approximately 2 p.m. - 10 p.m.) Monday - Friday, and this position is eligible to participate in a retirement account upon hire.
BestCare Treatment Services is proud to be one of the longest-term providers of alcohol & drug rehabilitation and mental health services in the Central Oregon region. We got our start in November of 1997, thanks to a partnership between Deschutes County, State of Oregon, and St. Charles Medical Center. From a modest, singular drug rehab center, we have grown to offering residential and outpatient services in four cities in addition to the only Spanish-speaking alcohol and drug rehab facility in the state. We have helped thousands of people find the help they need in a caring and collaborative environment and we remain true to our founding mission:
To advocate and provide compassionate care in the treatment and prevention of addiction and mental illness.
As an agency, BestCare has a family feel with a supportive staff of hard-working professionals whose compassion and dedication is unmatched in our industry. They are smart, kind, innovative and strive to offer the best services available under all circumstances. Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to join our team by applying for our open position for Medical Assistant for our inpatient mental health program.
Located in beautiful Central Oregon, Redmond, Oregon, is home to scenic river gorges, deep desert canyons, and other delightful treasures. The community is tight-knit and is known for its livability, affordability, community spirit and it's easy access to many outdoor activities. The surrounding landscape offers gorgeous snow-capped mountain views, fresh, clean rivers and lakes and breezy high desert plains. Redmond is in close proximity to a myriad of destination locations for fun and relaxation including the breath-taking Cascade Mountains, World Famous Smith Rocks State Park, and Cove Palisades State Park on Lake Billy Chinook just to name a few.
For a video tour of Redmond and Bend, take a look at these videos:
If this sounds enticing, don’t wait! Apply today and join the family!
General Duties: The medical assistant will work in conjunction with the RN/LPN to perform medication management for residential clients, perform routine medical procedures, triage, coordination of care, and to assist with detox duties including intakes, transfers and discharges as needed.
Reports to: Nursing Supervisor and/or Respite Program Director, Medical Director Employees Supervised: None
Language: English – written & spoken required; bi-lingual preferred
Education / Licensure: Medical Assistant (MA),equivalent or higher level of training
- Manage residential client medications
- Administer daily medications for residential clients
- Process new medication orders
- Update electronic medical records (EMR) with med changes
- Create and print out MARS
- Order medications for clients as needed
- Complete medication pre-authorization’s as needed
- Administer controlled meds and tapers
- Manage residential medication inventory form – at both intake and discharge
- Inventory medications – checking for low supply, expiration dates, etc.
- General Detox Duties
- Assist with Detox intakes as needed
- Assist with Detox clients vitals and CIWA/COWS
- Clean Detox area and client’s rooms – sweep, mop, wipe down area, empty trash, etc.
- Change linens as needed
- Laundry as needed – client and facility
- Order and track all weekly routine lab orders
- Conduct residential labs – blood draws, urinalysis, etc.
- Inventory all supplies and order as needed
- Take and record vital signs/daily weights/blood glucose monitoring/insulin/injections
- Coordinate care with PCP office including;
- Notification letter
- Set-up follow up PCP appointment for after graduation
- Assist with ride/transportation coordination for medical visits
- Triage medical concerns and pass on to RN as indicated
- Nursing file notes as needed for medical concerns
- Clean nursing station – sweep, mop, wipe down counters, empty trash, etc.
- Contact on-call providers as needed for medical concerns
- Gather health information to complete intake forms with new residential clients including nutritional screenings, health history and standing orders.
- Review medications with client at discharge and ensure client has adequate supply and understanding of meds
- Venipuncture for stat lab orders
- Answer phones, review emails and respond as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred. May accept compensatory combination of education and on the job training.
- Current First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- For individuals recovering from the disease of alcoholism and/or from other drug addiction, have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire
- Experience taking and recording vital signs
- The ability to work independently and the skills to be a successful team player
- Must get along well with coworkers
- Possesses the ability to network with all resources in order to provide the best customer service possible
- Proven excellent customer service skills with clients and/or family members seeking help from BCTS
- Compassion towards individuals with mental illness and substance abuse disorders
Tool and Equipment Used:
Laptop computer, fax machine, scanner, copy machine, telephone, projector, word,excel, outlook and website maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand,walk, and use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit;climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Central Oregon and prescribed by the Medical Director.
To Apply: Please fill out the application here, and submit along with a cover letter, resume with personal email address for correspondence, any applicable licenses, certifications or degrees with transcripts, and contact information for three supervisory/professional references to email@example.com
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577