Medical Assistant or EMT - Medication Supported Recovery - Bend/Redmond, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services is looking for a seasoned, experienced Full-Time Certified Medical Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician to join our team at our Deschutes Outpatient Program located in Bend and Redmond, Oregon!
This is a Full-Time regular position that includes a competitive benefits package, FOUR WEEKS of paid time off, NINE recognized holidays, and eligible to participate in a retirement account upon hire.
BestCare Treatment Services is proud to be one of the longest-term providers of alcohol & drug rehabilitation and mental health services in the Central Oregon region. We got our start in November of 1997, thanks to a partnership between Deschutes County, State of Oregon, and St. Charles Medical Center. From a modest, singular drug rehab center, we have grown to offering residential and outpatient services in four cities in addition to the only Spanish-speaking alcohol and drug rehab facility in the state. We have helped thousands of people find the help they need in a caring and collaborative environment and we remain true to our founding mission:
To advocate and provide compassionate care in the treatment and prevention of addiction and mental illness.
As an agency, BestCare has a family feel with a supportive staff of hard-working professionals whose compassion and dedication is unmatched in our industry. They are smart, kind, innovative and strive to offer the best services available under all circumstances. Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to join our team by applying for our open position for Medical Assistant for our inpatient mental health program.
Located in beautiful Central Oregon, Bend and Redmond, Oregon, are home to scenic river gorges, deep desert canyons, and other delightful treasures. The community is tight-knit and is known for its livability, affordability, community spirit and it's easy access to many outdoor activities. The surrounding landscape offers gorgeous snow-capped mountain views, fresh, clean rivers and lakes and breezy high desert plains. Redmond is in close proximity to a myriad of destination locations for fun and relaxation including the breath-taking Cascade Mountains, World Famous Smith Rocks State Park, and Cove Palisades State Park on Lake Billy Chinook just to name a few.
For a video tour of Redmond and Bend, take a look at these videos:
If this sounds enticing, don’t wait! Apply today and join the family!
General Duties: The medical assistant will be responsible for assisting nursing/medical staff in the treatment and management of our clients on-site in our outpatient substance use disorders clinic.
- Reports to: Physician Assistant; Program Director
- Employees Supervised: None
Language: English – written & spoken required
Education / Licensure: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Demonstrate Competency in the Following Areas:
- Performs patient/client care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for the age of the patient/client
- Demonstrates the ability to perform treatments and provide services to level of education/licensure/certification and within their scope of practice
- Works cooperatively as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team, completes all documentation in a timely fashion
- Acts as a role model for patients/clients through behavior, speech, and appearance
- Is emotionally and physically stable to work with the clientele, model self-care skills and assist the patient/client in meeting his/her goals
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with co-workers as well as with other departments/disciplines
- Assist with client medications
- Allergy/medication reconciliation
- Coordinate refill requests, manage REMS pharmacy medications
- Process new medication orders
- Submit prior authorizations
- Provide education as directed by LMP
- Update Electronic Health Record with medication and/or treatment changes and/or any additional communication as appropriate
- Coordinate treatment plan:
- Facilitate ordered lab work
- Obtain and organize outside records and results
- Coordinate communication with primary care clinics, including providing written communication following appointments
- Take and record vital signs including height, weight, BMI, and waist circumference when necessary. Competent to alert LMP of abnormal VS and/trends
- Assist with ride/transportation coordination and coordination for medical visits
- Gather health information including screenings, health history, and standing orders
- Maintain medical supplies, REMS medications and equipment
- Review emails and respond as appropriate
- Will comply with HIPAA regulations, follow OSHA guidelines and maintain compliance with the Joint Commission
- Willing to assist with procedures, treatments, and rooming for the clinic as needed
- Willing to transcribe provider orders into Electronic Health Record
- Willing to communicate with families and treatment teams regarding medication or treatment changes
- Will provide other competencies as directed by supervisors within the scope of training
- Will maintain a collaborative working relationship with staff
- Will be flexible with duties and requirements of job as they evolve
- Must have experience as a Medical Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician
- Current First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification or ability to obtain before start date
- For individuals recovering from the disease of alcoholism and/or from other drug addiction, have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire
- Experience taking and recording vital signs
- The ability to work independently and the skills to be a successful team player
- Must get along well with coworkers
- Possesses the ability to network with all resources in order to provide the best customer service possible
- Proven excellent customer service skills with clients and/or family members seeking help from BCTS
- Compassion towards individuals with mental illness and substance abuse disorders
Tool and Equipment Used:
Laptop computer, fax machine, scanner, copy machine, telephone, projector, word, excel, outlook and website maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Central Oregon and prescribed by the Medical Director.
To Apply: Please fill out the application here, and submit along with a cover letter, resume with personal email address for correspondence, any applicable licenses, certifications or degrees with transcripts, and contact information for three supervisory/professional references to email@example.com
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577