Mobile Crisis Counselor - Madras, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services in Madras is recruiting for a TWO Mobile Crisis Counselor positions! This is a Full Time regular position that includes a competitive benefits package, FOUR WEEKS of paid time off, NINE recognized holidays, and a retirement account option. This position is eligible for a $2,000 hiring bonus (paid out in installments) if offer accepted before July 15, 2020!
BestCare Treatment Services is proud to be one of the longest-term providers of alcohol & drug rehabilitation and mental health services in the Central Oregon region. We got our start in November of 1997, thanks to a partnership between Deschutes County, State of Oregon, and St. Charles Medical Center. From a modest, singular drug rehab center, we have grown to offering residential and outpatient services in four cities in addition to the only Spanish-speaking alcohol and drug rehab facility in the state. We have helped thousands of people find the help they need in a caring and collaborative environment and we remain true to our founding mission:
To advocate and provide compassionate care in the treatment and prevention of addiction and mental illness.
As an agency, BestCare has a family feel with a supportive staff of hard-working professionals whose compassion and dedication is unmatched in our industry. They are smart, kind, innovative and strive to offer the best services available under all circumstances. Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to join our team by applying for this exciting position.
Located in beautiful Central Oregon, about 45 minutes north of Bend, and surrounded by quaint farms and working cattle ranches, Madras, Oregon, is home to scenic river gorges, deep desert canyons, and other delightful treasures. The community is tight-knit and is known for its livability, affordability, community spirit as well as its rich mix of cultures. The surrounding landscape offers gorgeous snow-capped mountain views, fresh, clean rivers and lakes and breezy high desert plains. Madras is in close proximity to a myriad of destination locations for fun and relaxation including breath-taking Mt. Hood, world famous Smith Rocks State Park, and Cove Palisades State Park on Lake Billy Chinook just to name a few.
For a video tour of Madras, take a look at this video:
If this sounds enticing, don’t wait! Apply today and join the family!
General Duties: Primary duties include determination of client service needs, eligibility and appropriateness of services: Makes referrals and coordinates with other agencies to obtain services for clients and their families as necessary.
- Reports to: Mental Health Supervisor/Adult Program; Program Director
- Employees Supervised: None
Language: Bi-Lingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
Education/Certification: Master’s in Psychology, social work or other Behavioral Science field plus experience and licensure preferred OR Bachelor’s in Nursing or Occupational Therapy plus three years of experience. Candidate should be able to be credentialed as QMHP at time of hire.
- Assesses individual client functional skills, behavioral health and/or histories and symptoms
- Determines diagnosis and treatment needs and develops individualized client treatment plans
- Directs provision of treatment services
- Provides individual, family and group treatment services to clients and families. Services may include both behavioral health and addictions treatment
- Performs case management duties
- Provides crisis assessment and intervention services in support of BestCare’s emergency capability, including after-hours duties
- Performs investigations and evaluations for civil commitment
- Makes recommendations for the courts regarding client status
- Provides hospital evaluations and coordination in support and management of BestCare’s acute care resources
- Collaborates with other team members and community partners
- Provides case consultation
- Provides emergency and routine case consultation for various outside agencies, juvenile agencies and hospitals
- Provides behavioral health and/or addictions education and training to internal staff and external partners
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Program Director
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or other Behavioral Science field with one year of experience in the behavioral health field; OR a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Occupational Therapy, licensed by the State of Oregon, with three years’ experience in a behavioral health field. Candidate should be able to be credentialed as a QMHP at the time of hire. Licensure is preferred
- Proven strong client engagement skills
- Proven success collaborating with teams at various levels of care and with community partners
- Demonstrated capacity to individualize care and tailor services to individuals at varying stages of change
- Compassion towards individuals with Mental Health Crises, SUD, and co-occurring medical and mental health needs
- Experience working with diverse communities preferred
- Experience using EMR for documenting services provided
- Familiarity with Excel and other data tracking systems
- Must have the ability to get along with co-workers
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable to drive a motor vehicle
Skills and Knowledge: Requires a working knowledge of psychological, sociological, and psychiatric theory. Well-developed human relations, interviewing, counseling, and writing skills; along with an appreciable interpersonal sensitivity and awareness of client situations and values. Working knowledge of community behavioral health and/or addictions concepts, case management and treatment services, client assessment, treatment planning and treatment protocols, behavioral health disorders and diagnostic classifications.
Hours per day or week: 40 hour work week, but must be willing to work a flexible schedule when necessary to meet client and BestCare need.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Laptop computer, fax machine, scanner, copy machine, telephone, word, excel, outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus. Requires sufficient ambulatory ability to drive throughout Jefferson County. Employee must be able to get in and out of a motor vehicle.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment is a variable setting. Employee will occasionally be in an office setting as well as traveling to and working in other organizations, schools, hospitals, community gathering places, homes etc. Travel within Central Oregon and occasionally outside of Central Oregon required. Must have reliable transportation.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Central Oregon.
To Apply: Please fill out the application here, and submit along with a cover letter, resume with personal email address for correspondence, any applicable licenses, certifications or degrees with transcripts, and contact information for three supervisory/professional references to email@example.com
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577