Payroll Specialist - Administrative Offices - Redmond, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services in Redmond, Oregon is recruiting for a Payroll Specialist!
This is a Full Time regular position that includes health and dental benefits, FOUR WEEKS of paid time off, NINE recognized holidays, and eligible to participate in a retirement account upon hire.
BestCare Treatment Services is proud to be one of the longest-term providers of alcohol & drug rehabilitation and mental health services in the Central Oregon region. We got our start in November of 1997, thanks to a partnership between Deschutes County, State of Oregon, and St. Charles Medical Center. From a modest, singular drug rehab center, we have grown to offering residential and outpatient services in four cities in addition to the only Spanish-speaking alcohol and drug rehab facility in the state. We have helped thousands of people find the help they need in a caring and collaborative environment and we remain true to our founding mission:
To advocate and provide compassionate care in the treatment and prevention of addiction and mental illness.
As an agency, BestCare has a family feel with a supportive staff of hard-working professionals whose compassion and dedication is unmatched in our industry. They are smart, kind, innovative and strive to offer the best services available under all circumstances. Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to join our team by applying for our open position for Payroll Specialist.
Located in beautiful Central Oregon, Redmond, Oregon, is home to scenic river gorges, deep desert canyons, and other delightful treasures. The community is tight-knit and is known for its livability, affordability, community spirit as it's easy access to many outdoor activities. The surrounding landscape offers gorgeous snow-capped mountain views, fresh, clean rivers and lakes and breezy high desert plains. Redmond is in close proximity to a myriad of destination locations for fun and relaxation including the breath-taking Cascade Mountains, World Famous Smith Rocks State Park, and Cove Palisades State Park on Lake Billy Chinook just to name a few.
For a video tour of Redmond and Bend, take a look at these videos:
If this sounds enticing, don’t wait! Apply today and join the family!
General Duties: The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the administration of the company’s payroll and timekeeping function by ensuring an accurate and timely payroll process, maintaining internal payroll and financial records and performing tasks that support efficient operation of day-to-day functions.
Title: Payroll Specialist
Program: Administrative Offices
Program Location: Redmond; requires travel throughout organization
Supervisor: Director of Human Resources
Employment Status: Full Time Regular
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Effective Date: October 2019
- Reports to: Director of Human Resources
- Employees Supervised: None
- Perform regular and special payroll and timekeeping operations to ensure all transactions are processed accurately, timely and in compliance with company, local, state and federal regulations
- Reconcile payroll discrepancies and validate timekeeping submissions for accuracy and completeness through following up with management and staff prior to transmission
- Compile and process accurate garnishment, court-ordered withholding calculations, paid time off, benefit and 403B deductions
- Responsible for proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process paperwork for new employees, transfers, salary changes and terminations into the payroll system
- Issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions for approximately 250 employees
- Assist in the development and delivery of payroll and timekeeping training to facilitate management and employee understanding of new procedures
- Respond to employee inquiries on payroll and timekeeping related questions and issues
- Maintain accurate payroll and financial records, system setup and reporting
- Provide routine and ad hoc reports for payroll information as necessary
- Prepare year-end reporting when necessary (i.e. W-2 reports)
- Maintain current knowledge of legislative and regulatory changes that impact payroll function (i.e. Affordable Care Act)
- Create manual checks or void checks as required
- Perform any associated accounting duties
- Collaborate with HR team on process improvements to ensure efficient and accurate processing of payroll
- Process Third Party Pay invoices
- Minimum five years recent payroll experience required
- Basic accounting skill set and formal bookkeeping training required
- Current knowledge of timekeeping and payroll systems preferred
- Integrated payroll/HR systems
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) is a must
- Ability to work independently with little supervision required
- Outstanding prioritization skills and excellent attention to detail required
- Ability to remain calm and flexible while working under pressure for tight deadlines in a busy environment
- Demonstrated experience in verbal and written communication in a professional setting as well as demonstrated experience working with a diverse population of employees
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality
- Must be able to promote a positive influence within the company
- Must be a team player
- Exhibit a sense of urgency in all work and assignments
- Advanced computer experience in word processing, spreadsheets, Internet, desktop publishing, and database management required
- Ability to work within framework of standard policies and procedures
- Responsible for a strong proficiency and compliance with all local, state and federal payroll/tax laws
- Able and willing to travel between job sites over three counties in personal vehicle required (reimbursement for mileage provided)
- Able and willing to be schedule flexible if a situation requires attention
Tools and Equipment Used:
Must have competency in using a computer for word-processing, data base and internet usage. Must be able to operate usual office equipment such as fax, telephone, and photocopy machine. Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Central Oregon.
To Apply: Please fill out the application here, and submit along with a cover letter, resume with personal email address for correspondence, any applicable licenses, certifications or degrees with transcripts, and contact information for three supervisory/professional references to email@example.com
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577