Residential/Detox Registered Nurse (RN) - Klamath Falls, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services is proud to be one of the longest-term providers of alcohol & drug rehabilitation and mental health services in the Central Oregon region. We got our start in November of 1997, thanks to a partnership between Deschutes County, State of Oregon, St. Charles Medical Center and the Central Oregon District Hospital. From a modest, singular drug rehab center, we have grown to offering residential and outpatient services in four cities in addition to the only Spanish-speaking alcohol and drug rehab facility in the state. We have helped thousands of people find the help they need in a caring and collaborative environment and we remain true to our founding mission:
To advocate and provide compassionate care in the
treatment and prevention of addiction and mental illness.
As an agency, BestCare has a family feel with a supportive staff of hard-working professionals whose compassion and dedication is unmatched in our industry. They are smart, kind, innovative and strive to offer the best services available under all circumstances. Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to join our team by applying for our open position for a Registered Nurse in our Klamath Falls residential - detox unit.
Klamath Falls is nestled on the southeastern shore of the Upper Klamath Lake, about 25 miles (40 km) north of the California–Oregon border. Known as "Oregon’s City of Sunshine", the area delights in 300 days of sun per year. Klamath Falls enjoys a high desert climate featuring cold, snowy winters along with hot summer afternoons and cool summer nights. The city is in close proximity to a myriad of destination locations for fun and relaxation including breath-taking Crater Lake, Lava Beds National Monument, the beautiful Williamson River and the Running Y Resort, which boasts the only Arnold Palmer golf course in the state of Oregon, just to name a few.
If this sounds enticing, don't wait! Apply today and join the family!
The Residential/Detox Registered Nurse works in our medically managed detoxification unit along with a team of experienced RN's, LPN’s, CNA's, CMA's, Detox Counselors, and Physicians. The position collects objective and subjective data from observations, examinations, interviews, and written records in an accurate and timely manner. Establishes and documents nursing diagnosis which serves as a basis for the plan of care.Documents nursing care and collaborates with the team to carry out the plan of care. Gives direct care, assists with care, follows nursing orders while providing an environment conducive to safety and health. The successful candidate in this position will be compassionate towards individuals with mental illness and substance abuse disorders and have an understanding of the difficulty of the treatment process our clients are trying to champion. He or she will exercise sound judgement and hold leadership potential. This is a full-time regular position that includes employer-paid health benefits, FOUR WEEKS of paid time off, NINE recognized holidays, and a retirement account option.
Title:Registered Nurse (RN)
Program:Klamath Falls Residential & Detox
Program Location:Klamath Falls, OR
Supervisor:Nurse Manager/RN and Program Manager
Employment Status:Full-Time Regular
Language:English – written & spoken required; bi-lingual preferred
Education/Licensure:Registered Nurse (RN)
- Facilitate and schedule intakes, discharges, and transfers to BestCare Treatment Services residential or outpatient, and/or outside agency programs as necessary
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to gather medical history and manage the intake process
- Assess clients for withdrawal symptoms and administer medications as indicated per appropriate MD orders
- Take and record vital signs and medically monitor clients’ detoxification symptoms using CIWA and COWS
- Answer phones and assist with housekeeping duties as necessary
- Administer routine PRN and detox medications as indicated
- Implement motivational interviewing and active listening techniques in supporting clients recovering from drug/alcohol dependence
- May perform wound care, venipuncture, and diabetic testing
- Check in visitors and supervise detox clients
- Support clients in understanding and performing daily wellness tasks to care for themselves
- Assure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards, and recommending necessary adjustments
- Follow detox division and nursing division philosophies and standards of care set by the state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and the OAR’s
- Supervise, delegate, and assign care as appropriate to LPN’s, CNA's, and/or CMA’s
- Provide referrals to outside agencies as indicated
- Facilitate referrals to contracted psychiatrists for dual diagnosis clients as needed
- Provide education regarding healthy recovery and medical concepts related to addiction and may deliver training as directed by Program Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered Nurse
- Current CPR certification
- Proven strong client engagement skills.
- Skilled in leading a team of nursing support staff (LPN, CNA, CMA, etc.) in completing work as well as supervision documentation
- Proven success collaborating with co-workers to advocate for patient care.
- Compassion towards individuals with mental illness and substance abuse disorders.
- Experience working with diverse communities preferred.
- Multi-cultural and bi-lingual strongly preferred.
- Must get along with co-workers and have skills to be a team player
For individuals recovering from the disease of alcoholism and/or from other drug addiction, applicant must have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire.
Have the training, knowledge, and/or experience demonstrating competence in the treatment of the disease of addiction, including the management of withdrawal; client evaluation; motivational counseling techniques; and the taking and recording of vital signs.
Have the ability to work independently while being a team player. Possess the skills to network with all resources in order to provide the best customer service with clients or family members seeking help from BestCare Treatment Services.
The ability to ensure a safe and clean working environment complying with Oregon OSHA, BestCare Treatment Services Policies and Procedures, Oregon Administrative Rules, and the RN Scope of Practice.
To Apply: Please fill out the application here, and submit along with a cover letter, resume with personal email address for correspondence, any applicable licenses, certifications or degrees with transcripts, and contact information for three supervisory/professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577