Residential Specialist –
BestCare Rental Assistance - Supported Housing Program
BestCare Treatment Services is recruiting for a Full-time Residential Specialist.
The Residential Specialist will assist clients who are eligible and accepted into the Rental Assistance/Supported Housing Program (SHP) with administrative paperwork, including but not limited to participant screening and all administrative paperwork required related to client housing and the SHP. This position manages external relationships and collaborations with landlords, various property management companies and works to develop new prospective housing resources. Provides SHP overviews to local community partners in Madras and Warm Springs and develops strong, collaborative relationships with these programs. Assists with the facilitation and coordination of skill-building classes to include Ready to Rent and other courses deemed appropriate (i.e. budgeting) for SHP clients. Stays abreast of state housing codes/standards and ensures that each prospective rental unit is in full compliance with said housing standards. Works with clients in securing and maintaining housing.
Title: Residential Specialist
Program: Rental Assistance-Supported Housing Program
Program Location: Madras, Oregon
Supervisor: Program Director, Madras Outpatient Services
Employment Status: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Language: Bi-Lingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
Education & Experience: Bachelor's Degree in psychology, social work, behavioral sciences or related field OR a minimum of three years of demonstrated work in the social services or counseling field.
- Work closely with other staff as a member of a treatment team; this position is a key position on the Mental Health Team.
- Assist clients with accessing resources, benefits, and entitlement programs.
- Provide support to mental health clients in achieving their treatment plans (ISSP/Individual Services & Support Plan) goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with a wide range of community partners, including but not limited to: Self-Sufficiency and Seniors/People with Disabilities, Jefferson county Adult community Justice, Public Health, Mosaic Medical and other primary care clinics including dental. Note: There is a strong emphasis on helping coordinate primary and dental care for mental health clients with severe and persistent mental illness or serious mental illness and effective collaboration and bridging between behavioral health and primary care.
- Assist clients who have been identified to be in the AMHI/Adult Mental Health Initiative program with completing their Personal Recovery Plan, under the direction of the mental health clinician.
- BestCare Treatment Services, as an agency, is a Payee for the social Security Administration. The MH Case Manager, after being appropriately trained, may provide Payee services on behalf of BestCare to clients who are on disability.
- Provide transportation for clients when appropriate and under the direction of the mental health clinician and/or MH Clinical Supervisor.
- When appropriate, conduct or participate in client home visits and welfare checks, working in conjunction with the mental health clinician and/or MH clinical supervisor. One of the most critical elements of the MH case manager position is staying connected to clients who have been hospitalized and quickly engaging them in follow-up MH services in the community following discharge.
- Under the direction of the MH clinician and when appropriate, participate in, co-facilitate, or lead psycho-educational, skill development, anger management, art, other types of groups, when appropriate.
- Maintain clinical documentation in a timely manner in client files. This should be completed daily whenever possible, but always within 72 hours of the client service. Billing/encountering is an important component of this clinical position.
- Help facilitate and coordinate services at the BestClub Adult Mental Health Consumer Center. While the position is primarily in relations to and attached to BestClub, the MH Case manager may be assigned to perform MH case management with mental health clients who are not participants in Bestclub.
- Participate in training (agency, state, regional, etc.) that will assist the employee in their position.
- Model appropriate counselor behavior to the newer staff and help train and orient new staff to the program. In addition to being a positive role model, providing assistance to clients, showing compassion and being effective in engaging clients in mental health treatment services wherever possible.
- Other duties as assigned by the program manager and/or clinical supervisor.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work, behavioral sciences or related field OR a minimum of three years of demonstrated work in the social services or counseling field.
- Ability to work effectively in multiple cultural contexts is essential.
- Ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with a range of community partners is critical.
- Flexibility is a must.
- Have the knowledge, skills and abilities demonstrating competence in the following essential job functions: treatment of mental health and substance related disorders including client evaluation and individual, group, family and other counseling techniques; program policies and procedures for client case management and record keeping; and accountability for recording information in the client files assigned to them consistent with those policies and procedures and applicable OAR’s.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Must have competency using a computer for word-processing, database and internet usage to include experience with Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must be able to operate typical office equipment including fax machine, scanner, copy machine, telephone, and projector. Must have a current driver's license and will operate company vehicles. Must be insurable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Central Oregon.
To Apply: Please fill out the application here, and submit along with a cover letter, resume with personal email address for correspondence, any applicable licenses, certifications or degrees with transcripts, and contact information for three supervisory/professional references to email@example.com
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577