Substance Use Disorder Treatment Counselor - Prineville, Oregon
BestCare Treament Services in Prineville, Oregon is recruiting for a SUD Treatment Counselor! This is a Full-Time Regular position that includes a competitive benefits package, FOUR WEEKS of paid time off, NINE recognized holidays, and a retirement account option.
Title: Substance Use Disorder Treatment Counselor
Program: Crook County CMHP
Program Location: Prineville
Employment Status: Full Time, Regular
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly
General Overview: Provides high quality, compassionate care in the treatment of substance abuse disorder. The SUD Treatment Counselor provides treatment services within scope of certification including assessment, treatment planning, individual and group counseling. This position collaborates with other professionals in case planning, and it coordinates referrals of clients to detoxification services, residential treatment, or transitional housing, as needed.
- Reports to: SUD Supervisor; Program Manager
- Employees Supervised: None
- Work closely with other staff as a member of a treatment team.
- Complete intake assessments that utilize both ASAM and DSMV criteria for diagnosis and placement at the appropriate level of care.
- Collaborate with clients on completion of individualized treatment plans that contain goals and objectives that are measurable, and are based on assessed needs and problems.
- Provide treatment through a variety of modalities including individual sessions, group counseling, and family counseling, as well as case management services, ensuring individualized, quality care.
- Facilitate a variety of various groups including (but not limited to) psycho-educational, skill development, relapse prevention, process, gender-specific, and family groups.
- Work closely with referral sources, keeping them informed on the progress of the client, as needed and as compatible to client confidentiality.
- Assess ongoing needs of individuals, update assessments and recommendations as needed, and make appropriate referrals for additional services as needed.
- Collaborate with clients on discharge and aftercare planning.
- Provide crisis intervention to clients, as needed.
- Maintain documentation in the EHR within agency stated timelines.
- Participate in clinical staff meetings, team meetings, and supervision. Seek additional guidance and supervision as needed.
- Model appropriate counselor behavior to the newer staff, and help train and orient new staff to the program.
- Complete necessary requirements in order to maintain certification.
- Other duties as assigned by the program manager.
Have a current certification or license in addiction counseling (CADC). New hires that do not hold a current certification must make an application within the first two months of employment and receive the credential/license within 12 months of the application. Preference will be given to be applicants with active CADC certification. Secondary preference will be given to applicants who have already begun the certification process.
Have knowledge, skills, and abilities demonstrating competence in the following essential job functions: treatment of substance-related disorders including client evaluation and individual, group, family, and other counseling techniques; program policies and procedures for client case management and record keeping; and accountability for recording information in the client files assigned to them consistent with those policies and procedures and applicable OAR’s.
BestCare Treatment Services uses a “Stages of Change/Motivational Interviewing” model of treatment. Counselors are expected to have a strong understanding of these treatment models, as well as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Counselors are expected to be proficient with the use of ASAM criteria in determining length of stay for clients.
Have the ability to work independently and also have the skills to be a team player. Must have the ability to get along with co-workers. Must possess the ability to network will all resources in order to provide the best customer service. Flexibility in responding to changing needs and requirements is a must.
For individuals recovering from the disease of alcoholism and/or from other drug addiction, have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Must have competency in using a computer for word-processing, data base and internet usage. Must be able to operate usual office equipment such as fax, telephone, and photocopy machine. Must possess a current, valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Central Oregon.
To Apply: Please fill out the application here, and submit along with a cover letter, resume with personal email address for correspondence, any applicable licenses, certifications or degrees with transcripts, and contact information for three supervisory/professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577